Our Involvement in the Community
At MurphySchmidt, we believe that community involvement is an essential part of our professional responsibility.
Community support and pro bono service are integral to our culture. We actively foster strong community service values and are proud of the ongoing contribution we make to the community.
Our community activities incorporate:
- public interest litigation
- submissions on law reform
- volunteer initiatives
- sponsorships and donations
- policy work
- community legal education
- advice and support to charitable and community organisations
- participation in mentoring programs
A few examples of pro bono work we have provided include:
- Supporting community organisations.
- Providing volunteer legal services to organisations such as Caxton Legal Centre Inc, Women's Legal Service and the Queensland Public Interest Law Cleaning House Incorporated (QPILCH). MurphySchmidt is a founding member of QPILCH, an assessment, research and referral service which refers requests for legal advice and assistance to member law firms, barristers and other professionals who provide assistance for free or for reduced fees.
- Lecturing at the Queensland University of Technology Legal Practice Courses
- Contributing to various Queensland Law Society committees and boards.