MurphySchmidt: Always in your interests
The origins of MurphySchmidt can be traced back to 1961, when Gerry Murphy first started practising in personal injuries. The founding partners worked together at a leading personal injury firm until they opened MurphySchmidt’s doors in 1998, with a shared vision to create a practice that supports clients at every stage of the legal process. Integrity, professional responsibility, co-operation and quality service are the values that flow naturally from that vision.
The singular environment we have created at MurphySchmidt draws the best and brightest young legal minds. With a practice of over 30 staff and five principals, this is a place where people stay for the journey.
Our commitment to serve Queensland’s public is fundamental to our practice. From the top down, our lawyers are extensively involved in community service and professional organisations, setting the foundations for how we serve our clients every single day.
Want to know more? Meet our team today.
In 2006, MurphySchmidt moved to 130 Mary Street, Brisbane.
Designed by noted Queensland architect FDG Stanley and constructed in 1882-83 as a warehouse for William Mooney, a Brisbane Tobacconist, our building is the former 'Mooney's Building' and is entered in the Queensland Heritage Register, the National Trust of Queensland Register and the Heritage Register of the City of Brisbane.
It is culturally significant as a fine example of a late 19th century warehouse building in central Brisbane that was later acquired by the Commonwealth Government and used by the Repatriation Department as an administration building servicing the needs of soldiers returning from war.
Although it has been adapted and modified a number of times since its construction, a great deal of care has been taken to preserve the building's cultural significance and its distinguishing features remain largely intact.